Welcome to Kapooka Early Childhood Centre Inc.
Accredited as EXCEEDING in all seven quality areas by ACECQA
Kapooka Early Childhood Centre respectfully acknowledges the traditional owners of our land, the Wiradjuri people.
We hold close, our Wiradjuri name, 'Gabuga' meaning egg or brain and embrace play in our valley of whistling winds.
"Our Centre is a hidden treasure for children."
A proud not-for-profit, community-owned Preschool.
- We are ideally located in the small Defence village of Kapooka, a short 8 minute drive from Central Wagga Wagga.
- Our Centre provides a friendly and nurturing, educational, play-based learning environment.
- Our educators are dedicated, experienced and highly trained professionals.
- Our educator to child ratio exceeds regulatory requirements.
- Our spacious, well shaded, natural outdoor play area is set on ½ an acre.
- Our tranquil, rural location fosters relationships with native bird and wildlife.
- We embrace learning through the great outdoors and incorporate an ‘Out Bush’ learning program.
- We care for our residential pets – ‘Mr Boots, Henny, Penny and Jenny’, mottled Pekin chickens.
- We nurture our children and our natural environment.
- Family and community participation is encouraged, welcomed and valued.
- Our Centre is open to all members of the community. (You do not have to be a Defence member to utilize our preschool)
- We are conveniently located right next door to the Kapooka Public School and adjacent to the Kapooka Community Centre.
- We provide low and affordable fees ranging from $10 to $38* per day.
- We open from 8.30am to 4.00pm.
- All money raised is re-invested into your child’s high quality education and care.
- Feel free to visit and enjoy a play at our beautiful preschool.
"We strive to provide early childhood education and care excellence."
*Fees may be subject to variation