The Public Health Amendment (Vaccination of Children Attending Child Care Facilities) Act 2013 outlines that early childhood education and care services cannot enroll a child unless the parent/guardian has provided documentation that shows the child:
- Is fully vaccinated for their age; or
- Has a medical reason not to be vaccinated; or
- Has a parent/guardian who has a conscientious objection to vaccination; or
- Is on a recognized catch-up schedule if their child has fallen behind with their vaccinations.
A copy of your child’s Immunisation History Statement, or an Exemption Conscientious Objection Form or Medical Contraindication Form MUST be provided upon enrolment at the centre.
These can be obtained by:
- Contacting your local Medicare Office
- Calling the Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809
- Medicare online
Please note: Blue Book documentation cannot be accepted.
Should an outbreak of an immunisable disease occur at Preschool, unimmunised children will be excluded until their return is approved by the Director of Public Health.